I am a fan of autumn and especially pumpkin. Unfortunately, I often lack inspiration to cook the pumpkin in the form of a main meal. So I dug my head to invent a recipe that would put it in value. The sauce of this recipe is a good way to enjoy the comforting flavors of the pumpkin without being too powerful compared to the other ingredients of the meal. She has the power to give us the impression of being in a blankie on the edge of the fire with a good hot chocolate. Ingredients (for 4 servings) lamb skewers
- 200 grams of chopped lamb
- 1/2 cup of cooked millet
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag of parsnips (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Finely chopped chives
- Cooked barley
- For parsnip purée, Peel the Parsnip and cut into small cubes of 1 cm. Put the parsniles in a saucepan filled with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until parsnies are tender. Drain. Using a potato stack or a food processor, put the parsnied puree with the butter and salt. Book.
- For the sauce, start by making a béchamel. Melt the butter with the flour in a saucepan at high medium temperature. Using a whip, when the butter and flour are well blended, add 1/4 cup of milk and whip well. When the mixture is homogeneous, add the remainder of the milk and gently bring to a boil. Allow to thicken and remove from fire.
- Put the béchamel, the salt and the pumpkin in the blender. Mix up to creamy texture. Book.
- For skewers, Preheat oven to 400 ° F. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the Lamb skewers. Separate the preparation into 8 equal parts. The preparation will not be easily held on the skewers before being cooked. So you need the meatballs on the skewers and gently place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn skewers and bake for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Get out of the oven and serve with mashed potatoes, barley, chives and pumpkin sauce.