These gnocchi are little pumpkin clouds with a comforting fall taste, it’s also a good way to cook pumpkin for the main meal. We often have the impression that you have to be a star chef to succeed the gnocchi, but it’s simpler than you think. Plus, I made my homemade pumpkin purée, but it’s also possible to simplify your life and buy the canned one at the supermarket. So why not try it? Ingredients
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups of flour, more if necessary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin purée
- Goat cheese for garnish
- In a large bowl, put all the ingredients for the gnocchi and knead to form a uniform dough.
- Form a ball and separate into 8 equal parts. Roll each part to obtain 1 cm diameter cylinders. Cut into a 1 cm wide piece.
- Put the gnocchi in boiling salted water, wait for the gnocchi to float and cook for 1 extra minute.
- For the sauce, put the butter in a frying pan and Brown to medium high temperature. When the butter has a hazelnut color, remove from the heat and add the thyme, cardamom and pumpkin. Add the gnocchi and serve with goat cheese.