The dumplings are part of the meals to cook with family or friends, it takes time and love to form each of these dumplings that one eats in one bite. This is also one of the reasons why I like to cook them, it allows to stop for a moment, to empty the mind and to share a moment with people we love. As a bonus, you can enjoy a delicious meal then together!
Ingredients for 35 dumplings
- 500 grams of semi-lean ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 cups finely chopped nappa cabbage
- 7 finely chopped green onions
- 6 grated garlic cloves
- 2 c.s. sesame oil
- one c.s. grated fresh ginger
- 1 pinched nutmeg
- one c.t. chopped fresh mint
- one c.s. Plum vinegar (UME-Su)
- 2 c.s. by Mirin
- one c.t. of salt
for dumpling dough
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 110 ml of water
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- one c.s. chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- one c.s. Rice vinegar
[Gallery IDs = “2341,2343” type = “rectangular”]
- Cook cabbage and onions in sesame oil for 2 to 4 minutes to soften the cabbage. Put in a mixing bowl all the other ingredients for the dumplings, mix well. Book the preparation.
- At this stage, if you buy dumpling pasta in store you can jump to step 3. To prepare the dough, mix the flour and water to obtain a homogeneous dough. Knead for 5 minutes. Using a pulp mill, thin the dough to level 5. Cut circles 7 to 8 cm in diameter.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of the preparation in the center of the dough round and close the circle in half-moon and fold the edges.
- Using a bamboo baking dish or steam cooking Bowl, Cook the dumplings for about ten minutes or until the pork is cooked.
- This step is optional, but adds an interesting texture to the dumplings. I like to cover a poelon of sesame oil and grill the underside of the dumplings over medium high heat for 2 minutes to give them crisp.
- Put all the ingredients of the sauce in a saucepan and cook until the liquid has reduced from the tier.
- Serve the dumplings with the sauce to soak.