I discovered the products of the Cannebergerie since it is a company that comes from my region. I was immediately charmed by their style and their surprising flavor. So I wanted to create a dynamic recipe like the company. I present to you a fresh gravlax recipe in the mouth that benefits to its advantage of the beautiful pinkish color of the cranberry. It is a must to try to give us a little taste of summer!
Ingredients (for 6 inputs)
- About 600 grams of fresh salmon with the skin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 large Himalayan salt (or large sea salt)
- 4 c.s. of km 12 Gin
- 2 c.s. jerk mix of cranberry
- 4 c.s. Cranberries juice the full squeezed
- 1 cup of cranberries juice full pressed
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 pack of Basil
For homemade crackers
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- three c.t. of baking powder
- 1/2 c.t. of salt
- 90 ml cold cube butter
- 2 c.s. olive oil
- 2/3 cup of cranberry juice full pressed
- 60 ml melted butter
- Mix jerk to garnish
- For gravlax: in a rectangular baking dish, put the salmon skin down. In a bowl, mix the sugar, the salt, the jerk mix, the Gin and the 4 c.s. Cranberry juice. Coat the salmon well with the preparation. Cover with plastic paper and drop something heavy like a pound or a brick over the salmon. Leave in the refrigerator for 36 hours.
- For crackers: at the food processor, put all dry ingredients and cold butter cubes and pulser to obtain a texture resembling sand. Add the juice and olive oil and pulser until the dough forms a ball. Form a ball with the dough, coat with plastic wrap and allow to refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Fine-flour the counter and place half of the dough. Using a dough roller, thin to obtain a thickness of about 1-2 mm (fairly slim).
- Using a piece cutter, cut small rounds in the dough. Make holes using a fork in each of the crackers. Repeat steps 3-4 for the scraps and the rest of the dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 °f, bake cookies on a plate for about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle immediately with the jerk mix.
- When the salmon is ready, 1 h before serving remove the skin and rinse the salmon. Then soak the piece of salmon in 1 cup of cranberry juice for 1 hour. Then remove the juice and cut into thin slices.
- Serve the gravlax with crackers, a little sour cream and chopped Basil.