Here is a recipe of Imperial rolls from A to Z! We make the dough, the stuffing and the sauce! Nothing too complicated and so tasty. Ingredients for 16 rolls
- 6 boneless chicken thigh tops
- 1 1/2 cup carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 1/2 onion rings
- 1 cup finely sliced nappa cabbage
- one c.s. grated fresh ginger
- 6 shredded or mashed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 c.s. by Mirin
- 2 c.s. of Hoisin sauce
- one c.s. by Sambal Oelek
- one c.t. of salt
- 1 egg
- Frying oil (e.g. canola)
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 110 ml of water
- 1 eggs
- 1 fishing rod sliced in water
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- one c.t. of salt
[Gallery IDs = “2327, 2326,2325” type = “rectangular”]
- Put the thigh tops on a plate and bake at 375 °f for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked.
- During this time, in a frying pan, Brown the onions in sesame oil. When Golden, add carrots, cabbage, ginger and garlic and continue cooking over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Put the vegetables in a mixing bowl.
- When chicken is ready, cut into small piece and add to Bowl as well as Mirin, Hoisin sauce, Sambal Oelek, salt and 1 egg. Mix well.
- At this stage, if you buy the pasta in store you can jump to step 5. To prepare the dough, mix the flour and water to obtain a homogeneous dough. Knead for 5 minutes. Using a pulp mill, thin the dough to the smallest possible and cut into rectangles 10 cm by 15 cm.
- Take 1/4 cup of preparation and put in dough and roll to get the Imperial rolls
- Put egg yolk using a pastry brush at the end of the dough to close the roller.
- When all the Imperial rollers are formed, heat the oil. You should hear a good crackling when you put the rollers in the oil, otherwise the oil is not hot enough. Cook the rollers until golden brown.
- For the sauce, put the ingredients in the food processor and mix until it is homogeneous.
- Serve the hot Imperial rolls with the peach sauce.