When the km 12 Gin told me they were sending me a product, I jumped on the spot for at least a good 5 minutes. I had a big stroke of heart for their Gin that tastes the Quebec forest while subtlety. So I started to think about what to cook with this drink. A cocktail… Yes but still? It’s hard to get to the ankle of the classic Gin and tonic. So I inspired this legendary cocktail to create a fresh sandwich and full of punch! Why not serve him with a good tonic?
Ingredients for 4 sandwiches
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 km 12 Gin Cup
- The zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- one c.t. Salt
- 1/2 sliced cucumber
- 1 avocado in slices
- 1 pack of alfalfa sprouts
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- Fresh cheddar
- In a bowl, mix gin, lime zest and juice, salt and olive oil. Marinate the chicken 1h in the refrigerator. To give more taste, I like to cut the breasts into 3 pieces.
- In a frying pan, take the chicken pieces over high heat on each side. Add chicken marinade and finish baking at 350 °f approximately 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread to the toaster. Once the bread is ready, rub the clove of garlic on one side of the bread. This gives a little kick more to the flavor of the sandwich.
- Slice the chicken into a thin thong and garnish the bread to make a sandwich!