I hate classic mushrooms from the grocery store, only thinking about it gives me a little high heart. When I was younger, I was told that I would love it over time and that my childhood papillae were too difficult. But at 25, I can confirm to 100% that I do not like these mushrooms and I would be very surprised that it changes. Yet, to my great misfortune, I realized that I love Morels. So I decided to explore the world of wild mushrooms to open my horizons. With my wonderful cousin, we took the 4-Wheeler to go explore the hinterland of Normandin and all its mushrooms: Boletus, chanterelles, etc.
That’s how I discovered the crab mushroom that I loved! It is a mushroom with a vibrant color, firm with a little taste of sea. For those who do not have access to this kind of exploration or who do not have time, this is one of the many quality products of ChezNousEnHaut.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 250 crab mushroom
- 1 bunch of asparagus cut in 2
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 cup and a half cream 35%
- 2 leeks
- one c.t. ground dunes pepper
- 2 c.s. olive oil
- one c.s. butter
- Salt to taste
For fresh pasta (if you embark on the adventure of making your own pasta)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- one c.t. olive oil
- 4 eggs + 2 egg yolks
- In a bowl, Whister the eggs with olive oil.
- On a clean surface, make a small mountain with flour and create a well in the Center to add a third of the preparation. Using a fork, gradually stir in flour. Continue with the other 2 third parties.
- When the eggs are well integrated into the flour, knead the dough for about 10 minutes or until it is uniform and elastic.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before moving to the mill.
- Divide into 2 and pass the dough to the rolling mill. After the desired thickness (level 2), cut into strips 1.5 cm wide.
For the sauce
- Boil 4 cups of water. Pour on the dehydrated mushrooms and wait for them to be gorged with water. Drain.
- Boil water for fresh pasta.
- During this time, first cut the leeks on the length and then make pieces of about 1 cm. Over medium heat, Brown the leeks with a little salt until they soften.
- Add asparagus and 4 c.s. of water. Let Cook 4-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the mushrooms, butter, pepper from the dunes, salt to taste and thyme to leeks and asparagus. Place on medium/high heat and grasp vegetables for about 1 min.
- Lower over low heat. Add the cream and simmer 4-5 minutes. Add the pasta.
- Serve with a pinched pepper of the dunes and some leaves of thyme:)