This recipe, I do it for a long time, well before having an interest in the kitchen! It’s inspired by my first recipe book: girls ‘ cooking. Over the years I have tested and improved it to get the best chocolate chip cookies. It is also the recipe that taught me the importance of having a balance in the kitchen for pastries. One often neglects this indispensable tool and I am regularly commented that the recipes in grams add difficulty to the procedures. Yet, in my opinion, it makes life easier and makes the recipes a little closer to perfection! I’m still nice, so I give you my recipe in gram and Cup! 🙂
Otherwise, I will never repeat enough the importance of having quality ingredients! 90% of the taste of these biscuits depends on the flavor of the chocolate used and 10% of your talent! That’s why I took the best: the chocolate of the Trappist fathers. A chocolate from my corner of the country that is now a little everywhere in Quebec:)! Every time I see these products in a shop away from Lac-St-Jean, like last week in Gaspésie, I feel a great pride for this company that started in a small town in the depths of the world. Until August and its Blueberry chocolates, I’m happy with these incredible biscuits!
Ingredients for 20 biscuits
- 200 g black chocolate medallions from Trappist fathers (1 1/4 cup)
- 120 g sugar (1/2 cup + 1 c.s.)
- 100 g brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 230 g flour (2 cups)
- 125 g butter (1/2 cup + 1 c.s.)
- one c.t. of baking powder
- one c.t. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 pinched salt
- Preheat oven to 385 °f.
- Using electric drummers, Whister butter, sugar and cassonade. For best results, I look at the texture of the mixture, I whip until I no longer see the grains of sugar and they are well incorporated in butter.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the baking powder, flour and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chocolate and mix well. PSSST, not once in my life, I respected the amount of chocolate of a recipe. Add more, I’m not judging you!
- Put a parchment paper on a plate and separate the dough into about 20 biscuits.
- Cook for about 8 minutes in the oven or until the Center is still clear and fluffy but the Golden contours.
- Eat hot or store in an airtight container.