This recipe is inspired from my elementary school mornings where I always ate Cheerios with sliced bananas to add texture and have more energy. This is the adult version of this breakfast and it brings back to childhood. The mixture of Cheerios, honey and Caramelized bananas makes this pie a simple and pure delight! Nothing better to impress yourself or the guests!
Ingredients for custard
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup honey and Walnut Cheerios
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
For pie dough
- 1 3/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 60 ml milk
- 1/4 cup of Cheerios
- three bananas
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Honey Ray
- For custard, put the Cheerios in the milk and soak for 30 minutes.
- During this time, mix the flour, eggs and honey in a saucepan to obtain a smooth texture.
- When the cereal is soaking, filter the milk using a strainer. Gently boil in a saucepan, stirring regularly. Add to the flour mixture and continue cooking for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Allow to cool in the refrigerator. Little trick: If like me, you don’t have the patience to constantly BREW the mixture and the texture is not smooth enough to your liking, pass the mixture to the sieve with the help of a silicone spatula! Taaa daaa, a custard to make jealous!
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. For the dough, mix all the ingredients in the food processor until a ball of dough is formed. On a floured worktop, lower the dough to obtain a disc of the desired size. Butter a 10 “mold and place the dough in it. Cook until golden brown. Let cool.
- When everything is well cooled, garnish the dough with the custard and decorate with sliced bananas.
- Optional: Sprinkle sugar with bananas and using a food torch, caramelize sugar. Add the rays of honey and Cheerios.
- Let stand in the refrigerator 1h before serving… Or not!