I want to tell you something today: Taco Bell is life! We don’t have many in Québec, but I feel the need to eat there each week. So here’s a recipe for you, but mostly for me, so that everybody can enjoy the happiness of tex-mex food
Recipe for 6 crunch wrap
1 red onion sliced
1 yellow bell pepper sliced
1 teaspoon oil
¾ cup (210 ml) cherry tomatoes in quarters
6 lettuce leaves
6 small tortillas
6 large tortillas
1 cup ( 250 ml) grated cheese
Some cilantro branches
½ cup ( 125 ml) sour cream ( optional)For the black bean filling
½ can black beans rinced
2 cups (500 ml) small spelt grains ( can be replaced by the same amount of cooked pearl barley)
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon powdered garlic
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cilantro seeds
1 teaspoon cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a hot skillet, sauté the onions and bell pepper in the oil at high temperature for 2 to 3 minutes. To have a perfect taste, cook the vegetables until they are soft but with a little crispness. This step is to enhance the sweet taste of the onion. Keep it aside.
2. In the same skillet, prepare the black bean filling at medium-high temperature. Put the oil and all the spices and cook for about 1 minute to roast your spices and enhance their taste. Add the black beans, spelt (or barley), brown sugar and ½ cup (125 ml) water. Let it simmer until all the water has evaporated.
3. To assemble your crunch wraps, put a lettuce leaf on one large tortillas. Add the black beans preparation, tomatoes, sauté vegetables and cheese.
4. To close your crucnh wrap, see the photos up.
5. To seal the crunch wrap, put it small tortilla side in a skillet at medium heat, until it golden. Turn over to golden the other side.Serve like this or with sour cream.
6. Use the #petitebleuette if you’re cooking this recipe :)!